Including a free test certificate
The CA6474 Tower Test Kit comprises of 3 items - CA6472 Earth & Resistivity Tester, CA6474 Tower Tester and an Earth Test Probe Set
Tester for all types of earth measurements, including pylon earth measurements (with the CA6474 Tower Tester) - soil resistivity - earth coupling - ground potential - continuity and resistance
The CA6472 Earth & Resistivity Tester can be used for quick, comprehensive surveys of all earthing configurations, offering all the necessary earth measurement functions in a single instrument.
When used with the CA6474 Tower Tester, it can also perform pylon earth measurements, making it a unique but essential tool for diagnostics and maintenance on pylon networks.
The CA6472 Earth & Resistivity Tester offers the possibility of analysing the frequency behaviour of the earth connections thanks to its extensive measurement frequency range (41 to 5,078 Hz). The use of a high-frequency measurement signal makes it possible to assess the behaviour of an earthing circuit in the presence of lightning.
- 3P measurement up to 10 kOhm and stray voltages up to 60 V RMS
- 4P and selective 4P measurement
- Earth loop measurement with 2 clamps from 0.01 Ohm to 500 Ohm
- Earth coupling measurement
- Soil resistivity measurement: simply program the distances used for the measurement and the tester then calculates r using the Wenner oe Schlumberger methods
- Ground potential measurement
- Continuity and resistance measurement
- Pylon earth measurement with the CA6474 Tower Tester
- Storage of 512 test results
- USB optical link
- Ground Tester Transfer PC software to process the stored data
- Power supply: NiMh battery with external charger
- IP53 protection
- IEC 61557 -1 -4 -5
- IEC 61010 50V CAT IV
- Dimensions: 272 x 250 x 128 mm, 3 kg
The CA6474 Tower Tester is designed for use with the C.A 6472 earth tester to measure pylon earths
When used with the C.A 6472, the CA6474 Tower Tester allows the following types of measurements:
- Global earth of pylons
- Earth resistance of each of the pylon's footings
- Quality of the overhead protective earth cable connection
- Active measurement (injection by the CA6472 Earth & Resistivity Tester)
- Passive measurement (use of stray currents)
Main technical specifications
- measurement range: 0.001 Ohm to 99.99 kOhm
- resolution: 0.001 Ohm to 10 Ohm
- voltage: 16 to 32 VRMS
- frequency: 41 Hz to 5,018 Hz
- ground-rod resistance measurement: 0.01 Ohm to 100 kOhm
- IP53 protection
- dimensions: 272x250x128 mm, weight: 3.2 kg
Earth Probe Set
The Earth Kits are used with earth and resistivity testers implementing the 1P, 3P and 4P loop methods.
The Earth Kits comprise 1, 2 or 4 stakes, 3 or 4 different-coloured reels of cables 50 m, 100 m or 150 m long, 1 mallet , 5 spade lug/banana plug adapters and a carrying bag. The 100 m resistivity add-on can be used to complete a 3P earth kit with 2 cable reels and two stakes. The continuity kit comprises 4 x 4 mm banana cables, 4 crocodile clips and 2 test probes.