The Sauter HMM hardness tester has been designed with advanced features for demanding hardness testing applications. It uses the Leeb (LRHT) method for testing metals. The Sauter HN-D hardness tester is a multi-range instrument and will give hardness results in Rockwell (B&C) Vickers (HV), Brinell (HB), Shore (HSD) and Leeb (HL) and also tensile strength in MPa. This portable instrument offers a higher degree of flexibility when compared to traditional bench-top mounted hardness testers.
- Impact (rebound) sensor: The bounce module is accelerated by a spring against the item being tested. Depending on how hard the object is, the kinetic energy of the module will be absorbed. The speed reduction will be measured and converted to Leeb hardness values.
- External impact sensor (Type D) included
- All measurement directions possible (360°) thanks to an automatic compensation function
- Standard block for calibration included (approx. 790 ± 40 HL)
- Delivered in a hard carrying case
- Internal memory for up to 9 data groups, with up to 9 values per group forming the average value of the group
- Mini statistics function: displays the measured result, the average value, the impact direction, date and time
- Measurement value display: Rockwell (B & C), Vickers (HV), Brinell (HB), Shore (HSD), Leeb (HL), tensile strength (MPa)
- Automatic unit conversion: The measuring result is automatically converted into all specified hardness units
- Measuring range: 170 - 960 HL
Click here for full specification